We are pleased to announce dates for our popular Archery Club, which takes place once a month.
Sessions are available at either 11.00am-12.30pm or 1.00pm-2.30pm on each date
Next available dates:
Saturday 19th August 2017
Sunday 27th August 2017 – NEW DATE! Session also available at 3.00pm-4.30pm
Saturday 16th September 2017
Saturday 21st October 2017
Saturday 18th November 2017 (to take place indoors if weather is inclement)
Saturday 20th January 2018 (indoors)
Saturday 17th February 2018 (to take place indoors if weather is inclement)
Saturday 17th March 2018
Saturday 21st April 2018
Saturday 19th May 2018
Saturday 16th June 2018
Saturday 21st July 2018
Saturday 18th August 2018
Saturday 15th September 2018
Saturday 20th October 2018
Saturday 17th November 2018 (indoors)
Maximum 12 people per session
Suitable for 7yrs+
See price panel below for current prices. Bookings can be made by telephoning +44 (0)1986 784347. Payment required in full on booking.
Archery is a great sport for boosting your mental and physical health and fitness. However, it also has a number of other benefits, improving patience and teaching safety.
- Archery can be done by able bodied and disabled people. People with the most severe disabilities and even the blind, using special tactile equipment are able to join in.
- While it is a fun sport, archery is also physically demanding and those wishing to progress may want to think about improving upper body strength for greater control.
- Archers require not only some physical strength, but also mental fitness, and archers develop their focus, flexibility, and attention skills.
- People from many walks of life enjoy archery. Almost every age group can participate, and children as young as 8 have taken well to the sport, while it is not unheard of for people in their 80s to be shooting competitively. It also teaches the benefits of teamwork in some cases with some competitions involving groups of people.
- Archery is particularly useful for youngsters as it teaches them the benefits of patience.
- Archery provides great satisfaction in combining both mental and physical attributes to good effect. Whatever the results at the target, every archer is able to draw satisfaction to a lesser or greater extent, from having won a personal mental battle.
- Archery teaches everyone to be responsible for one another and also for the equipment they are using.