Individuals, families and corporate groups can all enjoy a pleasant, friendly surroundings and excellent fishing at High Lodge, Suffolk.
The site currently has 2 lakes, each of approximately half an acre in size, on which a range of fishing techniques is suitable.
- One lake is situated in front of our holiday lodges which provide fishing for the holiday lodge customers only.
- The other lake is positioned close to our main club house and is open to the public and corporate giving easy access to the numerous facilities which includes free car parking, refreshments and toilet facilities at High Lodge.
- Both lakes contain a mix of coarse fish including Carp up to 20lbs+, Tench, Roach, Rudd & Perch, all of which should prove some excellent sport for the pleasure and match angler alike throughout the year.
- Both lakes attract a wide range of birds and wildlife.
- Lake depths are variable up to approximately 6 feet maximum, with some weed growth across bottom. As soon as the water warms up the fish start to feed on the top and so floaters are very good bait and worth a try if you see any surface activity.
High Lodge lakes can accommodate up to 12 pegs each making them ideal for competition purposes.
Both lakes are easily accessible from the car parks and those with walking difficulties or the elderly can park their cars well within 20m of the lakes.
Due to its central location and easy access, High Lodge is the ideal location for corporate activity days that involve fishing. Equipment hire is available for Corporate Customers Only.
Please note fishing at High Lodge is bailiff controlled and therefore a National Rod Licence and High Lodge Fishing Permit are both required to fish the lakes.
High Lodge Fishing Rules
- No fires on bank
- Fishing from 8am-5pm (day tickets)
- Barbless hooks only
- No night fishing
- No ground bait loose feed only
- No bolt rigs (sliding rigs only)
- Fishing from designated pegs
- No litter
- Unhooking mats must be used
- Adult supervision for those under 12 years
- No keep nets (competitions only)
- No dogs permitted
- Rods not to be left unattended
- One rod per person one hook per rig
- No nuts or cat meat
- No fish to be taken home